Born beautiful...

In the South Seas.

My very first piece of jewelry was a graduated, double strand Mikimoto pearl necklace. 
I still have it but had it restrung as two separate necklaces.
I would love to restore it back to its original style someday...

My father bought it for me in Japan as a high school graduation gift. 
It was a big deal! Before that I wore no jewelry because it was 
unthinkable for young girls to wear jewelry then.

Pearls have been my weakness ever since. My daughter found these
heavenly black pearls from Tahiti. I wear this bracelet as often as possible.
Such treasures from the Sea.

I think of my father when I pick up my pearl earrings every single morning.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. I grew up in a place where it was unimaginable for young girls to wear jewelry too. Funny how I never thought about it until I read your post.

    ReplyDelete