Summer dreams...

Walking on a heavenly beach for miles, searching for treasures... 
anything that catches the eye. For memories, future nostalgia, recollections, something to hold and see it all again. 
The bright sun, my daughter's footsteps in front of me, her pareo dancing around her in the trade wind.
The horizon where the ocean blue meets the sky blue, warm sand, 
and a dip in the blue water to cool our feet.
And the long drive back home along the ocean as we had ventured far.
And a lunch stop on the side of the road for fresh mahi mahi plate! I think about that day often. It's so clear in my mind, more so than any other day that I had spent just with her. That was before she married her sweetheart and had two sweet babies.
I can't wait to see them all very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment